Wybunbury Ward Combined Parishes Neighbourhood Plan The future of Wybunbury………
The four parishes are Wybunbury, Hough & Chorlton, Hatherton & Walgherton and Doddington & District (this latter parish council covers Doddington, Hunsterson, Bridgemere, Checkley-
Regulation 5 -
Regulation 6 -
Regulation 7 -
October 2017 Up-
As a result of your responses to the draft vision statement in the First Questionnaire, the Vision for the Neighbourhood Plan has been expanded as follows:
“The Wybunbury Parishes will remain distinct, rural communities and the tranquil setting of the area will be maintained. This rural and individual character will be acknowledged by the adoption of appropriate building styles, choice of local materials, appropriate densities and levels of green infrastructure which reflect and enhance the local character.
Moving forward we want to maintain the Wybunbury Parishes as thriving local and independent communities. We will ensure their long-
The Wybunbury Combined Parishes Neighbourhood Plan needs to be aspirational but also realistic!
In order to achieve the Vision and in response to the issues residents have raised in the First Consultation and Five-
(1) Any new homes in the area should respond positively to identified housing needs
(2) The Open Countryside between settlements should be protected to maintain the character and integrity of each of the settlements in the Neighbourhood Plan area.
(3) The impact of traffic on the local communities should be reduced.
(4) Any new development should be supported by appropriate infrastructure.
(5) Access to the countryside is maintained and improved, including the connectivity between settlements and the surrounding area by footpaths and cycleways.
(6) The natural and built environment of the parishes, including their landscape, built heritage, archaeological sites and wildlife habitats are protected and enhanced.
(7) Businesses are supported and new enterprises appropriate to the character of the area will be encouraged.
(8) To keep housing development small in scale, designed to a high quality which is sustainable and complimentary to the character of the immediate area.
Referendum (stage not reached)
Provisional date of referendum 27 February 2020
The Wybunbury Combined Parishes Neighbourhood Plan
(Approved by Independent Examiner 14th November 2019)
Click here to download our Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum version)
Regulation 17 -